- Approved Vendros
- Support Local Businesses
- Transfer Utilities
- Water Pipe Preparation Tips During Freezing Weather
Like most summers in Texas, stage 1 water use schedule for Austin Water Customers is mostly in effect each year, check the schedule to see if it is in effect.
Single family homes have 2 watering days a week (during Stage 2 Restrictions)
- Odd addresses – Wednesdays and/or Saturdays
- Even addresses – Thursdays and/or Sundays
- Hank – Thursdays and/or Sundays
- Clawson – Thursdays and/or Sundays
- Redleaf – Wednesdays and/or Saturdays
- Valley Vista – Wednesdays and/or Saturdays can water either or both times a day at 4-10 AM and 7-12PM (Water Police looking for violations between 12-4 AM)
Also, check your AC filter and replace it each month. I have found that it is best to buy the very cheap blue filters and replace them every month or even sooner. This will not only keep the AC clean but will keep your home cooler and more energy efficient!
AC filters sizes
Water/Refrigerator filters sizes
- Hank – N/A
- Clawson – 20x20x1
- Redleaf – New GE fridge
- Valley Vista –
Contact us if you are unable to obtain and/or install the filters regularly.
- Hank – Tuesday and every other Tuesday
- Clawson – Tuesday and every other Tuesday
- Redleaf – Monday and every other Monday
- Valley Vista – N/A
- Austin Energy Tree Pruning Program for tree limbs around power lines.
- Self-Serve Pruning Request Form
- City of Austin, What Do I Do
- Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling
- Keeping up with the yard – please mow yard at least every two weeks during summer months permitting
- Southwood Neighborhood Association
- Shiloh Neighborhood Association
- Southwood Scene Newsletter
- APD Austin Crime Report
- APD David Sector Crime Report
- City of Austin Crime Report
Sign up for Nextdoor.com for your neighborhood today.
- AISD School Boundaries
- The Texas Department of Public Safety maintains a database that the public may search, at no cost, to determine if registered sex offenders are located in certain areas (see www.txdps.state.tx.us under online services). For information concerning past criminal activity in certain areas, contact the local police department.
- Dangerous / Vicious Dog Lists
- Texas Gas Service – Report a gas leak.
- Check out this article about why renting makes more sense than buying a home, RENTING MAKES MORE SENSE THAN HOME OWNERSHIP
Your browser does not support iframes. Try it from www.SeeClickFix.com
If you think turning the heat down in your home while you’re away on vacation will save you a few dollars, think again. If your home’s pipes should freeze and burst, it could end up costing thousands of dollars to repair floors and replace furniture and keepsakes. The damage could be so severe that you and your family would have to relocate while repairs are made.
By taking a few simple precautions, you can save yourself a ton of aggravation.
Here are a few simple steps to protect your home or apartment:
To prevent freezing:
- Leave a cold water tap running slowly, at a level just above a drip.
- Leave interior cupboard doors under sinks open, especially if the sink piping is adjacent to an exterior wall.
- Shut off and drain pipes leading to outside faucets.
- Do not turn the furnace below 12Â°C (55Â°F) during absences or at night.
- Seal any leaks that allow cold air inside where pipes are located.
- Locate and insulate pipes most susceptible to freezing: near outside walls, in crawl spaces, and in attics. Many hardware stores carry foam pipe insulation for this purpose.
- If you plan to be away, have someone check your house daily to make sure the heat is on and no problems occur. Alternatively, shut off and drain the water system (except fire sprinkler systems).
Learn more about Water Pipe Preparation Tips During Freezing Weather